Lara Scott

12.23.2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Can you believe it will be here in TWO days?! Merry Christmas Eve Eve! :-)

I hope that you are peaceful and surrounded by love right now.

It has been complete chaos at our house as we take care of Dallas, who is five weeks old as of yesterday! I am still trying to understand what the different little cries mean, and to soothe him as much as I can. One of my friends, who is also a new mom, summed it up really well. She said that she used to think it was cute when a baby cried. But now that it's HER baby crying, it is a different story!

Dallas loves to show off how he can hold his head up for a minute or two at a time now. He also seems ticklish when we kiss his neck (which is warm and always smells so good!), and we thought we saw a smile the other day...although my mom-in-law insisted it was just gas, lol. He is all swaddled up right now and snoozing in his swing while I type this...we are waiting for our engineer to come by and work on my home studio, which is right off the nursery.

If you are a mom that works (and now that I"m a mom...believe me, even if you don't have a separate job apart from taking care of your little one I know that you are working 24/7!!!), how do you balance everything? I think this is something we will be talking about a lot when I am back on the Fish live in a few weeks.

God bless you and your family this Christmas!!! We are so thankful that you are a part of our Fish family and that you spend time with us every day. I hope that the Christmas music we are playing is the soundtrack for many wonderful memories. :-)