Lara Scott

10.15.2014

A Workout Playlist To Make You Shake What Your Mama Gave Ya

I heard a yoga teacher say that if you can walk five miles a day while pregnant, when the time is right, your baby "will just fall out." (Sounds good to me!) At this point, it would take me about two hours to do five miles (tough to work into a day of commuting, job, and hanging out with my son), so I'm doing a few miles a few days a week, along with yoga, to get ready for Baby #2 in a few weeks. I don't know about you, but music is a must-have no matter what kind of exercise I'm doing, so I wanted to share some new and old favorites with you that never fail to motivate me. A lot of these are songs that I've presented on my international countdown, The World Chart Show, and they are big hits all around the globe. Enjoy! Now, get moving...

(warm-up) "Stay Gold" -- First Aid Kit
1. "Blame" -- Calvin Harris featuring John Newman
2. "Shake It Off" -- Taylor Swift
3. "Today Is Beautiful" -- David Dunn
4. "All About That Bass" -- Meghan Trainor (If you have kids, be sure to get the EDITED version of this one!)
5. "Heart of Glass" -- Blondie
6. "Lovers On The Sun" -- David Guetta with Sam Martin
7. "Geronimo" -- Sheppard
8. "Break Free" -- Ariana Grande & Zedd
9. "Pompeii" -- Bastille
10. "Fireball" -- Pitbull featuring John Ryan
11. "Changing" -- Sigma featuring Paloma Faith
(cool down) "Take Me To Church" -- Hozier