Lara Scott

8.28.2009

PARENTING ADVICE

Please keep it coming to lara@thefish959.com. I"ve got a lot to learn and do before our baby's November arrival. Thank you so much for sharing with me! And if you're an expecting or new parent, I hope all of these tips are helping you. David sent this awesome email:

Lara, we saw you on stage at Fish-Fest with Big Wave Dave, and you let out the fact that you're expecting. You also asked for any tips people could pass on. One of the things that my wife, Laurel, and I did early-on and have enjoyed, was to keep a journal for each child.We wrote about name-choice discussions, dr.'s appointments, ulltrasounds, nursery purchases and preparations, etc., etc., and how excited we were to have him or her coming. We have kept the journals for each of our children, and wrote a lot early in their childhoods and first years, but it decreases as they get older and we can't seem to make time to write anymore, except on their birthdays. (Ours are 9 and 7 now) The kids both enjoy us reading from "their" journals, and hearing about what was happening before their births and when they were born. I remember one of the entries in my son's journal spoke of him snoring in his car seat in church with us one time, and the lady in front of us turning around and smiling, saying it was a sweet sound to hear. Anyway, it's a good place to write how thankful you are to God for the Blessing He is providing, and so many aspects of parenthood and all the "firsts'" of childhood.We also take hundreds of pictures and shoot video, I urge you to also. Enjoy every minute!