Lara Scott

4.13.2014

My first book is here: FROM THE CORNER OF HOLLYWOOD AND diVINE

After moving to Los Angeles, I fell in love with a design style (and really, a lifestyle) known as Art Deco, which was popular in the 1920s and 1930s. Southern California is packed with buildings from the Deco era and vintage clothing stores, so I started to seek them out and then tell friends about these unique places I was discovering. I had so many people asking me for more information on places like The Edison (super-cool restaurant/nightclub in a former power plant Downtown) that I decided to team up with my friend Cori Linder and turn my adventures into a guidebook so that everyone can now be the girl (or guy) in-the-know when it comes to planning a fun day/night/weekend/week out!

Introducing...From the Corner of Hollywood and diVine: Your Guide to 30 Old Hollywood-Inspired Spots in Southern California, which will give you the scoop on lots of hidden gems. You'll discover:

Where can you stay that also housed the Munchkins during the filming of The Wizard of Oz. It's also rumored to have a secret tunnel connecting it to the former MGM lot!


 

 The hotel that hosted the very first Academy Awards ceremony. Could it be haunted? People have reported "cold spots" in the room where the ceremony was held!





The theatre (designed to look like an Egyptian tomb) that hosted the very first Hollywood premiere in 1922. Today, you can see a variety of films there, and it might even be a screening that's followed by a Q & A with a famous director and/or star.






 You can buy the book at www.lulu.com

P.S. The answers to the above are: Culver Hotel, Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (the Blossom Room is pictured), and Egyptian Theatre.