Lara Scott

3.04.2016

Get Out of Your Own Way and Be of Service!

No more Cowardly Lion...Periscope, I am ready.


I did a Periscope broadcast recently, which is something I have wanted to do more of...but have been resisting. I always feel like my hair looks weird, or I need to put some lipstick on, or I don't know what to say, or there's nothing in the background that's cool blah blah blah.

HOWEVER, I heard something from the brilliant Brendon Burchard recently that rocked my world. He basically talked about how it is actually SELFISH to not share what you have learned. He was encouraging people to get out of their own way and put the focus on serving, rather than worrying too much about themselves. It was really liberating to hear that, because I have started thinking that maybe there is someone out there who can benefit from what I have learned and the mistakes I have made (and there have been plenty of those). Because that's what it's really all about; as someone once said, "The best exercise for the heart is reaching down and giving someone a hand up."

So, even though I was sweaty and disheveled, I Periscoped. I will say that I had a cool background (the marina), but I spoke from my heart about trying something new this year (my Classic Movie Recall podcast) and encouraging everyone to make 2016 the year they go for it. And I felt proud of myself! Even doing this blog (my first in almost a year) required me to stop worrying about what I would have to say and sit my a** down on the couch at the gym and START TYPING. Because I am committed to changing my life this year, and I would love for you to run with me as we make this the best year ever.