Lara Scott

7.31.2009

PARENTING ADVICE

Please send all your parenting tips my way!!! My hubby and I are expecting baby #1 in November, and we are trying to learn as much as we can and prepare as much as we can before then. And I'll pass along to YOU all the good info that comes my way, so we can educate ourselves together. Candy was kind enough to send this to me at lara@thefish959.com:

Hi Lara,I was at Fishfest on Saturday and heard you are expecting. After I had my first child, I heard of a program called Growing Kids God's Way. It was a great program and helped us know how to teach respect, obedience, etc. They have two books that I wish I had know about before my daughter was born as they were very helpful with my second child. They are Preparation for parenting and Preparation for the Toddler Years by Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo. Some things I learned was to feed the baby after they wake, not right before they sleep. This may help with digestion and prevent upset tummies. They also suggest teaching basic sign language skills so they can communicate before they can talk. This worked well. I taught my children please and thank you before they could speak. My children are now 13 and 15 and we are always told how well behaved they are. It takes work from the start, but if you begin early, it is much easier.