Lara Scott

8.06.2010

Thousands of Free Coloring Pages For The Kids!!!


Last night, I was feeding Baby Dallas his yummy beet/winter squash/rice cereal entree, when he started crying every time the spoon came near him  He seemed hungry, though, and kept opening his mouth, but obviously had some issues with the spoon.

Then I remembered that he had been watching longingly earlier as I ate cereal for breakfast and a kale salad for a snack.

He wanted to feed himself! 

What's next?  Marriage?  Moving away and leaving Mommy?

I gave him his little melt-in-your-mouth baby cheerios, and he starting gurgling and going "doodoodoodoo"
and using his hands and newfound pincer grasp to chow down all by himself.

Do I even need to tell you that (shocker!) that made me cry?  :-)

He can't say "I do it myself!" or "Mom, I"m booorrrreddddd!" yet, but I see what's on the horizon, and it looks exhausting, lol.

My friends Jack and Erin found some awesome links to help keep your kids busy with free coloring pages, so fire up the printer, grab your nontoxic, soy-based crayons, and enjoy!

Over 1000 coloring pages at Crayola.com


Veggie Tale coloring pages at BigIdea.com

Disney coloring pages at Disney.com