Lara Scott

8.16.2010

Why I Love My Job

Here's a quick blurb I wrote for The Fish's sister station, KKLA.  KKLA is celebrating 25 years of being on the air (whoo hoo!), and this will be in an upcoming issue of KKLA Magazine.  Everything that I say about KKLA is also true of The Fish.  I listened to KKLA in the car, and then would plug my headphones into my computer when I got to work and rock out to The Fish.  :-)  I would love to hear what YOU love about YOUR job!  lara@thefish959.com 

I am blessed to have the greatest job in the world.




I was a KKLA listener before I started working here! I discovered the station after I rededicated my life to the Lord. I literally just started scanning around the radio dial, and stopped when I heard someone talking about the Bible. From that point on, every morning and afternoon in the car I listened to Dr. J. Vernon McGee, John MacArthur, Chuck Swindoll, and Frank Pastore (who taught me everything I know about politics).



I began to come to a deeper understanding of God's Word through these programs, and really grew as a Christian. I had a lot of bad habits from years of living life on my own, but God transformed my life and gave me a new start. Four years ago, I got a job at KKLA's sister station, The Fish, and then added my night shift at KKLA two years ago.



I feel very fortunate to be part of a station that God is using to change lives! To think that someone out there is hurt and angry and scared (just like I was) and might find hope in Christ through a KKLA program is just the best thing ever.