Lara Scott

1.21.2008

Building 429

Here's the scoop on "Singing Over Me":
The song "Singing Over Me" was inspired by Zephaniah 3:17. Jason Roy explains, "I've been trying to get this verse into a song for years. It's my wife's favorite, and because I've heard it so much over the years, it has, by default, become one of my own. I couldn't get my favorite part of the verse in the song: "He will quiet you with his love." So, I figured that the implied peaceful slumber of a night when the Lord would be "singing over me with every star" would get close enough. What a thought, He will delight in you...yes YOU! How cool is that?! He also sings over us...what an amazing picture for us to remember. I can't get around the thought process that tells me, even as I sing these songs on a nightly basis, my God is doing a concert of His own over me!"