Lara Scott

6.17.2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY: THE LORD WILL TAKE ME IN

Holidays are interesting, aren't they?

They can be the best of times, and the worst of times.

Exhibit A:  Valentine's Day!

Awesome when you are in love.  Not so much when you're not.

As we talk about Father's Day or whatever holiday is happening on my show,  I try to be sensitive to the fact that it might not be a joyous day for everyone.

This week, I've blogged about my hubby and my dad.  I'll tell you the story about my son pulling himself to standing at the end of this blog.  But right now, I want to share a verse with you for Father's Day.

This is for you if you have a troubled relationship with your father, or maybe never even knew him:

Psalm 27:10
"For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in."

I love the promise in this verse.  The psalmist is not wondering if maybe God will have a place for him--that is a declaration that the Lord WILL take him in.

I had a rocky relationship with my family for many years.  After my parents divorced, they moved on to new relationships immediately, and I felt that there was no room for me in this new life.  I started to wonder how anyone would ever love me, since my own mom and dad didn't seem to have time for me.  This led to some very, very bad choices in my quest to prove that I could matter to someone.

I want to tell you that although your family might reject you, you DO matter to Someone, and that Someone created the universe.  He not only delights in you, but he will quiet you with his love and rejoice over you with singing.  (Zephaniah 3:17)  If that doesn't make you special, I'm not sure what does.  :-)

This next passage is for you if you have lost your husband or your father:

Revelation 21:4-5

4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
 5He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

It seems like these days people are a little scared to make definite statements.  I don't know if that's because we don't know what truth is anymore, or we don't want to offend people that don't feel the same way.  You hear qualifiers like, "Well, I don't really know, but....." or "I'm not certain, but I sure hope..." before facts are given.

Just like in the verse from Psalm, check out the declaration in the above passage from Revelation.  It is a promise, not wishful thinking.  My sweet friend, one day God WILL wipe away those tears that never seem to stop falling.  One day soon, all things will be made new.

I know that there is nothing I can say that will take away the ache when all you want is for that man you love to walk through the door, but I pray that you will know that I am grieving with you.  That I am praying for you to find joy on Sunday.  And that where you are right now in your life is a place where Grace is soon to be so amazing.

Unredeemed by Selah

The cruelest world
The coldest heart
The deepest wound
The endless dark
The lonely ache
The burning tears
The bitter nights
The wasted years

Life breaks and falls apart
But we know these are
Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
It may be unfulfilled
It may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord
Just watch and see
It will not be unredeemed

For every choice that led to shame
And all the love that never came
For every vow that someone broke
And every lie that gave up hope
We live in the shadow of the fall
But the cross says these are all
Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
It may be unfulfilled
It may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord
Just watch and see
It will not be unredeemed

Places where grace is soon to be so amazing
It may be unfulfilled
It may be unrestored
But you never know the miracle the Father has in store
Just watch and see
It will not be
Just watch and see
It will not be unredeemed

WAIT 'til you hear the actual song!  Selah is my favorite group. and that is on their You Deliver Me Cd.

Thank you for sticking with me 'til the end of this post!  Hey, do you remember when your child pulled up to standing for the first time?  Dallas is 7 months today, and it just happened!!!

My hubby's boss let him borrow his car (that is a trusting man right there), which is a cool classic Corvette.  We had it for one night, so we decided to take pics of the baby on the hood of the car and behind the wheel. 

Well, as soon as we got D in the front seat (with mommy lying on the ground next to it so he wouldn't fall), he grabbed that steering wheel and popped up!  Thankfully, he can't reach the pedals yet.  :-)  And of course, the camera batteries DIED at that exact moment.