Lara Scott

1.06.2010

COLLEGE IN THE YEAR 2027!!!

I think Dallas was listening to Big Wave Dave when this pic was taken. :-)

My sis-in-law is a financial whiz, and sent us a a packet so we can start saving for college. Did you know that a private 4-year school will cost close to $400,000 (!!!) in 2027, when Dallas will be a college freshman?!

I have always been a pretty selfish person (praise God that He is working with me on that!), but now all I care about is that my little boy is safe and happy and cared for. If you have kids, I"m sure that these first few months are probably a blur for you, but I bet you remember all those little smiles, middle-of-the-night feedings, diaper changes, etc. Someone told me that one day I will really be missing all of the things that are making life so challenging right now, so I am really trying to enjoy every minute, knowing that I will sleep more than three hours in a row again someday, lol. Dallas is really showing his personality--cracking himself (and us) up, waving his arms around, cooing, and having more and more alert time.

I pray that this has been a wonderful first week of 2010 for you! Where did the last DECADE go? Remember Y2K? Enjoy the positive music on The Fish...we'll keep your spirits up as you ease back into school and work. God bless you!