Lara Scott

1.18.2010

Dr. Martin Luther King


Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
What a beautiful reminder this quote is as we honor Dr. King today. When we trust that God's plan is the best plan, we can take that first step to reach out to a hurting friend, to donate to the relief effort in Haiti, whatever it might be, knowing that God knows the bigger picture.

I feel truly blessed to be back with you after my maternity leave! Dallas is snoozing in the arms of his babysitter right now while I"m in the studio...he was all swaddled up and snoring when I came up here earlier. It's hard to leave him, even to go upstairs! We are adjusting some levels and getting everything sounding good today, so thanks for bearing with us. :-)

You might have today off, or it might be a normal workday...I would love to know if someone has done something for you to help make today wonderful. Or maybe YOU have blessed someone! Let me know about it at lara@thefish959.com. I'd also love to hear about how YOU make your busy day work! Since I"m a new mom, I"m looking for all the tips on balance that I can get.

Today on my show I talked about our free screening of "To Save A Life," and our Fish Stick Design Contest. A free movie, and the chance to see your artwork plastered all over tons of cars around SoCal? Check out our Station Events page at www.fish959.com for the scoop. I hope you win!