Lara Scott

5.10.2010

LETTERS TO GOD

I was fortunate enough to see Letters To God over the weekend, and I want to encourage you to see it as soon as you can.  Don't be scared to read my review!  I won't give anything away, I promise.  :-)

My son Dallas and I pray every night, and my prayer is always that he would grow up to be a kind boy who loves God with all his heart. 

Tyler, the main character in Letters To God, is a child who is fearless in sharing his faith and loving others.  In fact, he is the kind of person that I would like to be. 

The thing that  makes Tyler even more amazing is that he has cancer, but he faces each day with hope. 

If you are a parent, you will sob your way through Letters To God, but leave feeling uplifted and encouraged.  And this is a wonderful movie for children, too--there are some really funny scenes, and I can totally see showing it to Dallas in a few years (he is six months now) and having a conversation about faith, caring for others, and cancer.  Maybe he will even decide on his own to do something to help sick children?  I truly think that so many hearts and lives will be changed by this movie.  And to take back the arts for Christ...to use moviemaking to reach folks with a message of faith, hope, and love....well, that is just awesome, and I hope there are more movies like this.

And if you are battling cancer, please know you are in our prayers.  If you go to http://www.letterstogodthemovie.com/, you can find support.  And please let us know exactly how we can pray for you here at The Fish by emailing me at lara@thefish959.com

I hope you had a wonderful Mama's Day Weekend!  My hubby made french toast yesterday, and then I went to church, the gym, and a massage.  We also took Dallas to his first movie, and he did great!!!  He slept a bit in his carseat, and then had a bottle, and bounced on our legs.  There was one quiet moment where he let out a huge burp, which was a little awkward, lol.  :-)