Lara Scott

3.31.2010

NATALIE GRANT IS AWESOME!!!

Natalie sent out a tweet that said, "What are you doing today that will matter in 5 years?"  And then she added that she was going to Sephora for lip gloss, lol.  :-)  Are you following The Fish on Twitter?  www.twitter.com/kfsh

We're taking Dallas out to a restaurant for the very first time this weekend, as it's his daddy's birthday.  He usually just hangs out here in a onesie (Dallas, not his dad!  Insert rimshot here, thank you.) around the house, so he got a special outfit with cargo pants to wear.  If YOU have a special occasion, check out our Half-Price Deal Of The Week to find out how you can save $$$ while eating out.

Are you planning any pranks for April Fool's Day?  Almost every station I've ever worked for has started April 1st off by playing Country Music and pretending to change formats.  Just a heads up in case you hear Tim McGraw tomorrow morning, lol.

Are you sponsoring a World Vision child?  The Fish has taken on a village in Zambia, Makungwa, and we are praying that every child there finds a sponsor.  You can see pics and bios of the kids when you click on the World Vision banner on our homepage.  Check out this wonderful email from Char, who sponsors 4 World Vision kids:

The things I love about sponsoring children is that it makes me smile, knowing that I am helping someone much less fortunate than I am to have at least the basics, such as clean water and basic medical care.  I love the interaction with the children too....sending them letters and getting them back.
The other reason I chose to sponsor children was because it is a way of sacrificing for me....I gave up my Starbucks habit and I bring lunch to work in order to afford to help my four kids (2 boys and 2 girls now).
It is such a wonderful feeling....the closest child to me is Cesar in Mexico and I hope to be able to go visit him in the next year or two. 

YAY!!!  We can change this world, one child at a time. Char, thank you for being such an inspiration.

I wanted to share something from today's My Utmost For His Highest selection by Oswald Chambers (you can see the daily readings at www.myutmost.org).  This really convicted me, because I am so guilty of condemning someone instead of praying for them.  With God's help, I will change this.

If we are not heedful of the way the Spirit of God works in us, we will become spiritual hypocrites. We see where other folks are failing, and we turn our discernment into the gibe of criticism instead of into intercession on their behalf. The revelation is made to us not through the acuteness of our minds, but by the direct penetration of the Spirit of God, and if we are not heedful of the source of the revelation, we will become criticizing centres and forget that God says - ". . . he shall ask, and He shall give him life for them that sin not unto death." Take care lest you play the hypocrite by spending all your time trying to get others right before you worship God yourself.
I always love to hear from you!  Email me at lara@thefish959.com.  We are halfway to the weekend!!!