Lara Scott

4.14.2010

BABYPROOFING!!!

It's the new game that's sweeping the nation:  Are you smarter than a 5-month-old?  I, apparently, am not.  I was out for a few hours running errands, and my husband started babyproofing by putting outlet covers (the plates, not the plugs) all over the house.  I came back and couldn't figure out how to plug in the vacuum, lol.  It is crazy to think Dallas is going to be CRAWLING soon!!!  What did YOU do to babyproof?  lara@thefish959.com.

Our Fishfest Presale is Friday, and those special passwords that get you in will be going out TOMORROW.  That is our tax day gift to you.  :-) If you haven't rsvp'd for Fishfest (that's how you get the password) yet, do it now on our Fish Facebook Page.

Do you listen at lunch?  While you work?  While you hang with the kids or homeschool?  Let me know so I can give you a shout!  Thank you so much for making us a part of your day.

Are you getting married this summer?  CONGRATS!  Here are some song ideas:

When God Made You, He Must Have Been Thinking About Me--Newsong and Natalie Grant
Because You Loved Me--Ana Laura
In Your Eyes--Jill Parr
You And Me--Lifehouse
Bless The Broken Road--Selah



Have you ever sponsored a World Vision child?  I heard someone talking about how basically all of us wouldn't hesitate to take our shoes off and give them to a child in front of us with bare, bleeding feet.  However, sacrificing the cost of those shoes to take care of a child in another country is harder.  Is it because they aren't in front of us?  It disturbs me how easy it is for me to just click through the pictures of kids that are looking for sponsors...to take a look and then move right along without doing anything....my prayer today is that God would break my heart for the things that break His.  If you are ready to become a World Vision Sponsor, which can be scary, rewarding, and life-changing all at the same time, please click on the World Vision banner on our homepage.  That will take you to the pics/bios of the children in our Fish Village in Zambia, Makungwa.  Look for Stella's pic!  If you don't see it, it might mean that someone else is considering sponsoring  her.  Stella is the gal that I talk about on my show today.  She is 12, and that means that time is running out for her to find a sponsor...the kids are only eligible for the program up until a certain age.  Look at her sweet face, and look at how she is in a shirt that is dirty and too big for her...the kids always seem to dress up in their finest clothes, so chances are this is the nicest (or the only) shirt that she owns.  Your sponsorship will provide her with hope and the basic necessities:  things like access to clean water, improved nutrition, educational opportunities, medical care...and maybe even her first new, clean, properly-fitting shirt. 

Okay, I just realized how much I wrote there on World Vision, but this is truly a program that I am so passionate about because I have seen with my own sponsored children how their lives can change. Hey, if you do decide to sponsor, will you email or shoot us a tweet (www.twitter.com/kfsh) so we can share the great news?

Please, please pray for Matt of Sanctus Real (they sing "Forgiven") and his family.  He and his wife just found out that their baby has a heart defect.  Please join all of us in praying for a miracle!!!  I"ll keep you updated as I hear news, and please let us know how we can pray for you.