Lara Scott

4.27.2010

AWESOME SONG!!!



If you haven't heard us play "There Is A Way" by NewWorldSon yet, you will soon!  This song sounds like nothing else we're playing, and it has such a wonderful message about love:

But there is a way,

There is a spark,
There is a hope that you can hold on to.
There is a life line come to the rescue,
Just like a hand that's waiting for you.
And if you beleive in this I promise that you won't be alone.
There is a way, the truth, and the life, and the way.


Todd Smith (of the group Selah) and his wife Angie have an incredible story to tell.  Their 4th child, Audrey, was deemed "incompatible with life" when the couple went in for a routine ultrasound.  They were urged to terminate the pregnancy, but Angie carried Audrey to 32 weeks.  This precious baby girl lived for almost three hours, and they were able to shower her with love the entire time.  Angie has written a book called I Will Carry You, and if you are struggling with grief, I encourage you to read it and see how God was right there with this family every moment. You can also hear an interview with them tonight on Haven Today, which is on our sister station 99.5 KKLA at 9:30.  You can also listen at http://www.haventoday.org/.  God really put it on my heart to share this in my blog and on my show...maybe this is meant for you. 

Did I mention that my son Dallas is teething?  He is cutting not one, but TWO teeth!!!  I can't wait to see him with bottom teeth.  You know what?  God has done a work in my heart, and there is no more complaining about the sleep I"m not getting, how busy I am, etc.  After hearing so many stories of families that have lost children (like Todd and Angie), I treasure every tired, wonderful, crazy busy moment with my baby, and every night I thank God for giving me another day with him.  Okay, I might talk about how stressed I am, but it's not meant in a complaining way.

How about reaching out to a child in Zambia, in our Fish village of Makungwa?  Bertha is going to be 11 on May 9th, and would love nothing more that for YOU to become her sponsor.  You can see her pic and read her bio when you click on the World Vision banner in our Station Events section.  Bertha has a life of desperately looking for food and clean water, but you can change that with a simple sponsorship that costs about $1 a day.  And maybe you could even send her her very first birthday present!