Lara Scott

4.20.2010

BABY'S FIRST WORD


A few days ago I was talking about how Dallas (here he is striking a JC Penney catalog pose while lounging in his dolphin top and pants) babbled "mama!"  Carol shared this great story of her daughter's first word:

Hi Lara,

My oldest daughter was seven months old – I brought her on a business trip to Hawaii. My boss and I were eating lunch with Cambria in her high chair on a beautiful golf course in Kauai. I gave Cambria (my daughter) a roll to munch on and she began choking (scary!!!). In the midst of her coughing she said, “Mama.” I was so excited, I turned to everyone in the restaurant and asked, “Did you hear that? She said ‘Mama’?” I’m sure they thought I was nuts!
BTW – she was just fine!!! In fact, today she’s an account rep for the radio station in Nevada! Talking just fine!

I LOVE to hear your stories!  Email me at lara@thefish959.com.  Today my question is:  As a busy mom, how do you save time?  Since I never get my nails done anymore, I use a sharpie to color in the chips in my polish, and sometimes eat a bag of microwave popcorn for dinner.

Fishfest tix are on sale and going FAST!!!!  We have three stages again this year:  The main stage, the edge/rock stage, and the kids stage.  There is truly something for everyone in the family, so I hope you will check out the lineup (TobyMac!!!  Oc Supertones!!! Pastor Greg Laurie!!!  And more!!!) and grab your tix to join us on June 12 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine.

MercyMe's new CD, The Generous Mr. Lovewell, is out in May.  Isn't "All Of Creation" awesome?!  Anyway, this Mr. Lovewell is a fictional character, but he already has quite the following on twitter and facebook!

IF you've got some free time today, remember that you can watch TONS of Christian Mzc Videos on our site!

Will you check out Boma's pic and bio on our site?  You click on the World Vision banner on our homepage.  He's in our Fish Village in Zambia, and he is looking for a sponsor.  He is only 5, and he is wearing an outfit that tattered and dirty and doesn't fit him.  What if your child had ONE outfit to wear, and he had to wear it as it became soiled and full of holes, until it fell off of him?  If you sponsor Boma, he'll receive things like nutritious meals, access to clean water, educational opportunities, medical care, and maybe his first clean, new outfit ever.  I pray that God will touch your heart as you look at Boma, and that you will be the one to change the course of his life and give him and his family hope.