Lara Scott

4.15.2010

FISHFEST PRESALE!!!

It's tomorrow, and I think there's still time to rsvp and get the password.  Find the Fish on Facebook, rsvp, and then watch for a password that will be sent out later today.  By getting tix thru the presale, you have access to the best seats at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.  :-)  Tix go on sale to everyone else on Saturday.  Although...anywhere you sit, it's going to be an amazing day with TobyMac, Jeremy Camp, BarlowGirl, Brandon Heath, Thousand Foot Krutch, and more!

Have you ever been caught singing at the top of your lungs in the car?  I was sitting in traffic on the 405 (shocker), only to look to my right to see the guy next to me giving me a thumbs up.  :-)  However, I think the only reason I got a thumbs up was because he couldn't actually hear me!

The Christian Comedy All-Stars
are coming to the First Church of the Nazarene of Pasadena tomorrow night!  And hey--who couldn't use a laugh after tax day?!  Michael Jr., Scott Wood, and more will be there, and it's a fully family-friendly event.  You can find ticket info on our sister station's site:  www.kkla.com.

My son Dallas said "mama!"  Well...kind of.  He was babbling like crazy, and what came out was, "ooooooohhhhhhhmaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaa."  But I'll take it!  Dada is now working on getting him to say that, lol.  What was YOUR child's first word?  Let me know at lara@thefish959.com.

How did you hear about The Fish?  Have you listened since day one?  Maybe someone at church told you about us?  We are so glad that you are here, and hope that the music is a blessing during a busy day.

I want to share an email with you that our sister station, The Fish in Atlanta, received.  Would you keep this family in prayer?  I don't know how you ever get over something like this, but with God we know that all things are possible, including peace. 

On Good Friday, we received a phone call that no one would ever want…  It was 5:37 in the morning when I answered the phone.  It was the 911 Center in the county where my husband and I live and both work as law enforcement officers.  They told me that my in-law’s was on fire, and that I really needed to call the Fire Chief on scene.  I woke my husband up and got the kids ready so that we could be on our way.  When I called the Fire Chief the first time, he asked me what vehicles should be at the house.  I told him, and then he asked if they could have gone out of town with someone, or if they would possibly be staying at someone’s house.  I said no, because my husband and his father had plans that day, as did his mother and I.  Of course, we were thinking that it wasn’t so bad – just a kitchen fire, or they woke up and smelled smoke.  Nothing that bad, really, just a “better safe than sorry” kind of call.  I called the Fire Chief back to give him the layout of the house, so that the firemen could maneuver safely and get to them.  That’s when he told me that there was no living room, no bedrooms, no kitchen; it was gone.  Then he again asked me if there was any possible way that they weren’t home.  I told him no.  He said then that I needed to prepare my husband for what he was going to see when we got there. 
When we arrived, it was just as the Fire Chief explained.  It took them over 5 hours to get the blaze out and render it safe enough for them to begin the search.  Eventually, they called in the cadaver dogs, who located first my mother-in-law, then my father-in-law.  They were found together, 3 – 10 feet from the exit door.  The unthinkable was true.  Our hopes for their safety were finally ended in that moment.  Then came the worst part…telling our little boys, ages 7 and 4, that their Nana and Papa were gone! 
The next few days were so surreal!  We began planning his parent’s funeral, and I just kept thinking – how?  How could this happen?  How could this be real?  This doesn’t happen to us!  The worst of it is that my husband buried BOTH of his parents the day after his birthday.  The day of the funeral also happened to have been his mother’s birthday. 
I turned on the radio, which pretty much stays on 104.7, while we were on our way to one of the myriad of appointments and heard the song “Praise You In This Storm” by Casting Crowns.  All I could think was how appropriate!  And that became my anthem!  I also heard Revelation by Third Day, I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp, and a host of others.  The only way I made it through was to listen to the music you guys played over the last week!  It kept reminding me that, regardless of where we are, we are to praise Him.  And that, no matter the circumstances, He is still in control, He knows EXACTLY what is going on in the lives of each and every one of His children, and He is right beside us, holding on to us in love. 
I just wanted to let you know that you DO make a difference!  God has a plan to use this radio station to touch lives, not only to spread the gospel, but to give comfort, encouragement and strength to His children.  Thank you for doing what you do, for believing that God has a purpose for you, and for following that lead!  You will never know what comfort you brought our family through this devastating tragedy! 
In His Love,
John and Marie Please, please hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight, and let them know how much you love them.

Loveness is my World Vision child today!  This precious little girl is in our Fish village in Zambia, and has been looking for a sponsor for a long time now.  You can see her pic and bio when you click on the World Vision banner on our homepage...scroll through until you see her.  She's five, her b-day is January 29th, and she's listed in satisfactory health.  Look at her sweet little face--she has dark circles at the age of FIVE.  Look at that threadbare top she is wearing.  We can't take her out of the desperate poverty that she lives in, but we can make sure that her life is a little easier.  A World Vision sponsorship means that Loveness will get the medical care she needs, access to clean water, food, and so much more.  And that all happens for about $1 a day!!!  And did I mention she loves to play with dolls?  Maybe you can send her a doll (probably her first new toy ever!) if you sponsor her!  And if you can't, please pray that even now God is touching the heart of someone that is able to change her life.  Thank you!