Lara Scott

2.10.2010

A FISH ARTIST....IN SPACE?!

Nashville singer/songwriter and Male Vocalist of the Year Brandon Heath added a rare highlight to his growing list of accolades with his recent Emmy Award win, presented to the celebrated songwriter for his blockbuster hit “Give Me Your Eyes.” The song served as the catalyst for Nashville Rescue Mission’s Hunger to Hope 2009 PSA Campaign.

Rounding out Heath’s week of unique compliments is the selection of the award-winning song by NASA as the 5:14pm CT wake-up call for the Endeavour shuttle crew, on their first day in orbit, in honor of first-time flyer Pilot Terry Virts, who is a fan of Heath’s music. Virts invited Heath to join his family as a special guest at the launch yesterday from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Listen to NASA crew’s “Give Me Your Eyes” wake up call at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLobZqp80w (from JesusFreakHideout.com)

What are you Valentine's Day plans? Let me know at lara@thefish959.com. And if you'd like me to say something sweet about your sweetie on my show, send that along, too. :-) My hubby and I are going out to dinner on Saturday while Dallas's grandparents watch him, and it's going to be our first date night since he was born in November. Since I work from home now, it's going to be crazy to be out of the house with adults and in something that's not covered in spit up, lol.

I bawl every time I play the new Matthew West song, "Save A Place For Me." He wrote in in honor of his grandmother, who loved God with all her heart and believed in the power of prayer. These are some beautiful, powerful lyrics:

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again
You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here
And I wanna live my life just like you did
Make the most of my time just like you did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there
Until I get there