Lara Scott

2.25.2010

MOM ADVICE!!!

Thank you so much for all of the great advice on what to do about Dallas's nails!  He is 14 weeks old and has the tiniest nails ever.  I start to sweat just thinking about those sharp clippers going near him!  I just got this from Barbara:

I just heard you asking about how to cut Dallas nails, well it may sound kind of weird or gross but when my kids were babies I would just bite their nails off. I was always so scared that I would cut them, plus their nails were so soft they would just peel right off.
This is what Jenny does:
I have a 7 month old girl named Clara. I use a nail file. The double sided one. But I use the softer side and use it very carefully because it can also rub the skin away.
And here's Colleen's tip:

Cutting baby's nails are easier when they are asleep. perhaps after a bath and feeding this way the baby doesn't move and then you pinch their little fingers..


Please keep those parenting tips coming!  lara@thefish959.com.

A recent survey has found that 90% of women say they are not just stressed, but "super-stressed" at work every day.  If that's you, try spending part of your workday with us and let this positive music keep you focused on all the great things in life.  And you can always listen to us online (http://www.fish959.com/ and click Listen Live) or on your Iphone (download the free Fish app at our site).

Is there anyone I can say hi to on the air for you?  Pete in Big Bear emailed to say that he and his lovely bride are celebrating their 30th anniversary this weekend!  CONGRATS!!!!